HYPHEN BOY MODULAR FELTED BAG KAL

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Shells Ahoy!

Hi, my first shells are coming along nicely, and I love knitting them! It's great to take a break from whatever and knit a couple shell modules :) Ahhhh, soothing!

Upon inspection, however, I noticed consistently tight edges along the color changes/ striping, so I frogged everything and re-knit the first few. That's right, frog 'em! To me there's no choice about it, the pieces must be re-knit since there is absolutely nothing worse than a missed improvement opportunity. Frog is my middle name: Petunia Frog Honeysuckle!

here are the first 2 shells, now re-knit with equally stretchy sides:

the phone handset is shown for size reference, it measures 6.5" long without the antennae, and the shells measure 5" x 7" at the widest points. They are so beautiful.

(Again, these are bulky wools, knit on 10.5US bamboo double point needles.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home